Nov 19 2013
The goal of the UX Portfolio Roundtable is to provide students with the tools and knowledge to create or refine their UX portfolio. Several panelists will begin by sharing their experiences in creating their own portfolios, and/or using portfolios during the hiring process. Following the discussion, the panel participants will take questions from students, and provide individual feedback on student portfolios.
The event is an adjunct to Eva Kaniasty’s UX Portfolio class on Skillshare.com, but will be open to the whole Bentley community. (If interested, you can still sign up for the Skillshare course at http://skl.sh/1alp3S4
The panelists include:
Christopher Laroche, MIT (HFID Grad, Instructor at Northeastern)
Rob Fitzgibbons, Mobiquity (RISD Grad, Manager)
Dani Nordin, the zen kitchen (HFID Grad, Author)
If you wish to receive feedback on your portfolio, please make sure it is either accessible online or through your laptop.
Don’t have a portfolio? Come and learn what you need to know from the panelists and your classmates!
When: Thursday, December 5 @ 7:30PM ET (students in Resnick’s class, just drop in after class ends!)
Where: Smith 122, online (see below)
For your remote participation in the HFIDO Portfolio Panel, Thursday, Dec 5, 2013 at 7:30, you will be using Saba Centra 7 Web conferencing Software. Please follow the directions below.
ATTEND USING A GUEST LINK
If not live, copy and paste the link below into a Browser. We recommend Chrome for the PC and Safari or Firefox for the MAC.
· NOTE: This program works with Java. Please make sure the latest update is installed and enabled on the browser you are using.
· If you have Windows 8, you may have difficulty installing this program. Please contact us for assistance.
· If you have a MAC with Maverick OS, please use Firefox browser
· You will be using VoIP audio so please have a headset or microphone available to test your audio.
· PLEASE use earphones/ear buds, instead of open computer speakers as this will minimize audio feedback.
· You will come to a page that will ask you to enter an e-mail address.
· You will be given two options, “Launch on Desktop” or “Attend in Browser.” Please use the “Launch on Desktop” to enter the session. The browser version is not full featured and there is no video window to see the professor/room, etc. The desktop option will ask you to download software.
· If you are using a PC and asked to install/ run the software and/or allow security- please select yes. If you are asked to allow a plugin (java) select yes.
****This online event is currently open so you can follow the above instructions to attend and get the software downloaded at your convenience and make sure you enter the event.
Please contact us immediately if you experience any problems or if you have never used this software before we recommend you have an online technology orientation to make sure your connectivity is good and that your audio is working properly.
Please e-mail us at email@example.com or call our helpline at 781-891-3487 between 1PM and 9:30PM Eastern time, Monday through Thursday.
Centra uses a proprietary port 1709 which may be blocked by your company’s firewall. To unblock this port, tell your IT staff that you need a “Direct TCP connection to the Centra servers (22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, and 188.8.131.52) on port 1709 outbound”. Port 443 can be used as a backup.