Hey Falcons, GMO is back with our first technical workshop in this semester, Introduction to Tableau on Data visualization, partnered with Bentley Analytics Society (BAS).
In this workshop, we have invited Shshank Chawathay, Senior Sales Operation Analyst at Juniper Networks, and previous president of BAS to help you build a solid foundation if you are new to Tableau.
- What you will gain?
Learn how to navigate the product and examine core concepts and techniques in Tableau. Move from creating visualizations to combining them in interactive dashboards.
- Prepare for this workshop:
1. Bring your laptop. Make sure you have Tableau installed before the workshop. Here is the link of the student version of Tableau. https://www.tableau.com/academic/students
2. Register by clicking on: https://anu153.typeform.com/to/aW4spc
Due to the room capacity, we only have 35 seats for this work shop so please RSVP if you want to come (if you can’t make it please shoot us an email beforehand at email@example.com, thanks!)
Details of the workshop:
Date : 20th Octorber 2017
Time : 2:00-5:30PM
Venue : Center for Marketing Technology, Morison Hall
Student ID is needed due to limited seats.
11 Steps of Data Mining event was a success!
Adjunct Lecturer Joseph Dery presented the 11 Step of Data Mining on Wednesday, March 15th which offered a detailed look into the process of driving business success through data science. As a graduate from Bentley University himself, having received an M.S. and Ph.D. in Marketing Analytics and Business, Dery was able to connect with students and provide meaningful advice. He shared his best practices in the context of his a particular project he lead at Dell EMC, his current employer. Particularly valuable were the insights and recommendations on the value of the data mining process in corporate culture. Lessons attendees parted with included not only an understanding of the overall process but also navigating the do’s and don’ts of working in the field.
If you were unable to attend – keep an eye out for upcoming events from the GMO! There will be more opportunities to learn, connect and discuss in the future.
GMO will be holding our Data Mining event on 15th March 7:30-9:30PM.
Data is everywhere — and, to maintain competitive advantage, companies are deploying analytics at all levels of the corporate hierarchy.
Please Join Joe Dery, one of the most popular professors at Bentley and Dell EMC Sr. Manager of Decision Sciences, as he presents his take on 11 steps to data mining success. Through corporate experiences and personal realizations, Joe will take you through what questions to ask, what to look for, and — notably — what to watch out for as you take a business problem through the 11 steps to truly move the needle for your business.
Click on now at: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/11-steps-to-data-mining-success-tickets-32523434468 to sign up for this wonderful workshop!
We look forward to seeing you on March 15 at 7:30pm in 375AB Danielson Conference Room, LaCava!
Thank you for coming to our Marketing Career Experience Sharing last Wednesday! As one of the attendants said,”It’s been the best career sharing event that I’ve ever attended!”
Stay tuned for news on upcoming events this semester!
For the event, we invited:
-Yao(Lexi) Lu: Business Technology Analyst, Deloitte
– Han Wang: Business Analyst Team Lead, Dynatrace; Marketing Operation Specialist, IBM(Former)
– Alex Atkins: Marketing Manger, Stone Temple Consulting
– Jessica Brill: Social Media Manager, Autodesk
Thanks for stopping by our booth 🙂
See you in more GMO events!
Thank you for coming to our Digital Marketing 101 event last week! You made it great, and we learned a lot about website reporting and optimization tools. Stay tuned for news on upcoming events coming next semester!
For the event, we invited Colin Cort, a Senior Analyst in the Strategy & Analysis department at DigitasLBi, to teach us the basics about how to use tools in the digital marketing space. We learned about the following tools, and how they are used in real digital marketing situations:
– Google Analytics
– Adobe Analytics
– Optimizely (for A/B testing)
GMO and BAS would like to thank you all very much for coming to our panel on Oct 1st! The event was a huge success. We had more than 70 attendants, both Bentley graduate students and faculty, and we all learned a lot about real life uses of analytics at CVS Health. We would also like to thank Carrie Flynn and John Euell from CVS for coming to Bentley and sharing with us a customer segmentation case from their company, with real insights from senior analysts about segmentation methods, and their applications of analytics for marketing campaigns.
Carrie Flynn – Director of Customer Analytics
John Euell – Senior Analytics Advisor
Thanks for everyone who comes to our Analytics in Practise event on April 13th. Thanks for your support, without it our panel couldn’t be such a success! Special thanks to our speakers:
Prof. Dominique Haughton
- Professor, Mathematical Sciences
- Professor, Global Studies
- United States co-editor, Case Studies for Business, Industry and Government Statistics
Thanks for everyone who comes to our Experience Sharing and Networking event
on March 3rd. Thanks for your support, without it our panel couldn’t be such a success! Special thanks to our panelists:
Sharon (Yihua) Hong
- Current Analytic Consultant at Epsilon
- Previous Senior Data Analyst at Cartera Commerce
- MSMA Graduate 2011 at Bentley University
Iris (Yiye) Feng
- Current Senior Research Analyst at IDC
- Previous Strategic Marketing Intern at Proxy Apparel
- MSMA Graduate 2012 at Bentley University
Minyi (Vicki) Zeng,
- Current Predictive Analytics Analyst at Constant Contact
- Previous Marketing Intern at Dunkin’ Brands
- Previous Marketing Intern at Harte Hanks
- MSMA Graduate 2014 at Bentley University.
- Previous Proposal Specialist at DTZ
- Previous Marketing Intern at Commonplaces
- Current MBA & MSMA candidate at Bentley University
- Previous Intern at My-Take
- Previous Research Assistant at Andra Partners
- Previous Research Assistant at Aptean
GMO BIG DATA experience sharing event
Thank you everyone for attending our event on November 14 at Epsilon Company! Special thanks to Chris Hanson, Vice President of Human Resources for giving us an overview of Epsilon and Eleanor Tipa, Vice President of Analytics for giving us an overview of analytics services at Epsilon. Also great thanks to Katie Weintraub, the product marketing manager who led us visit Epsilon!