Oct 30 2010
You will be responsible for leading user-centered design activities related to several MathWorks internal web applications. You will work with teams to understand their projects’ user-centered design requirements, and then develop creative solutions for meeting those needs.
• Conduct user research to identify pain points and use cases.
• Contribute to requirements and design documents.
• Collaborate on designs with team members, helping the team follow a user-centered design approach.
• Run usability tests, conduct interviews and site visits, organize surveys, and complete any other usability assessments you think are appropriate.
• Help the team decide what to do with user feedback, and provide input for design decisions based on that feedback.
• Make recommendations to team members about which usability methods to use to answer their questions about users and design directions based on their projects’ needs, goals and constraints.
• BA or MA in cognitive psychology, human factors, or related field, or equivalent experience
• 8 years minimum of professional work experiences post bachelors degree
• 4-8 years as a usability engineer in web or software development, with direct experience with a variety of usability methods
• Willingness to learn new technical domains
• Strong leadership skills
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to balance needs of a large number of concurrent projects
• Knowledge of MathWorks products
• Experience in software development
• Knowledge of Balsamiq or other prototyping tools
To apply, go to http://bit.ly/awYhGF